· Are you ready to be a part of the Ultimate Leadership Experience? Join Montevideo’s FCCLA! FCCLA membership forms can be found outside of Room 210. Forms and dues can be returned to Mrs. Beahm on even days.
· 6th Grade Singers! We had an awesome start to Lab choir on Wednesday. Did you miss it? Don’t worry! You can still come to rehearsals starting next Thursday during lab time. A reminder that these rehearsals will continue every week on ODD Wednesdays and Thursdays. Thanks to lab teachers for supporting these singers. Come on out!
· Our first after-school dance of the year will be next Friday, September 18! It’s a sock hop, so dress in your ‘50’s gear for a costume contest and prizes. The admission is $2 to get into the dance. We will have basketball games and knock-out in the main gym. The dance will be in the annex gym. Bring extra money for pizza, candy and drinks! There will be a vintage car and motorcycle “Cruise-in” from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. after the dance in the new parking lot out front. Encourage your parents to pick you up from the dance at the drop-off behind the school, then swing around and park to come to the Cruise-in. Donations from the Cruise-in will help out with the medical bills of one of our MMS employees who is undergoing cancer treatments. If your parents or someone in your family has a cool car or motorcycle, encourage them to bring it to the Cruise-in
· The deadline for fundraiser orders and money to be returned to MMS is September 22. Keep checking in with Miss Morris to receive your monkey lanyard! Students seen wearing their lanyard will get candy prizes! If your parents would like to make a straight donation instead of selling items, then a donation of $50 will get you in to the MegaParty; otherwise, you must sell 8 items to get out of class and attend the MegaParty.
· Any 7th grade girl who did not meet with Ms. Woodrum about basketball tryouts but would like information can pick up information in the office. All students trying out must have a VHSL physical form on file prior to the first day of practice.