· The deadline for fundraiser orders and money to be returned to MMS is September 22. Keep checking in with Miss Morris to receive your monkey lanyard! Students seen wearing their lanyard will get candy prizes! If your parents would like to make a straight donation instead of selling items, then a donation of $50 will get you in to the MegaParty; otherwise, you must sell 8 items to get out of class and attend the MegaParty.
· Any 7th grade girl who did not meet with Ms. Woodrum about basketball tryouts but would like information can pick up information in the office. All students trying out must have a VHSL physical form on file prior to the first day of practice.
· Attention 8th graders: JMU is offering a Job Shadow Day for 25 of our 8th grade students on Thursday, October 29, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. It is a great opportunity for students to shadow JMU employees in their chosen career field and engage in hands-on career exploration. Lunch will be provided at JMU, and students will return in plenty of time to ride the bus home or be picked up after school. Registration forms are available from Mrs. Weston. The 25 students chosen will be those who return the signed form back the soonest, who are on good school standing, and are doing well enough in classes to miss school for the day. Don’t delay if you want to be selected!
· All technology students are invited to the first meeting of the Technology Student Association. Students have to be enrolled in a technology class to participate. We will be competing against other schools in our area and state in over 30 competitions that are both individual and group events. The meeting will be held in Room 106, Mr.Blankenship’s technology class, during lab on Wednesday, September 16. Contact Mr. Blankenship with any questions.
· Anyone like LEGO’s and robotics? Then think about joining the First Lego League. The first meeting for interested individuals is in Room 104, Mr. Wanger’s room, today during lab. The Montevideo team will compete in various local, regional and state events during the fall semester. Contact Mr. Wanger or Mr. Blankenship with any questions.
· Attention interested 7th grade boys basketball players: If you missed the informational meeting on Monday, please see Coach Shifflett as soon as possible. All Parent/Student signature forms must be turned in before tryouts.