· The deadline for fundraiser orders and money to be returned to MMS is September 22. Keep checking in with Miss Morris to receive your monkey lanyard! Students seen wearing their lanyard will get candy prizes! If your parents would like to make a straight donation instead of selling items, then a donation of $50 will get you in to the MegaParty; otherwise, you must sell 8 items to get out of class and attend the MegaParty.
· Any 7th grade girl who did not meet with Ms. Woodrum about basketball tryouts but would like information can pick up information in the office. All students trying out must have a VHSL physical form on file prior to the first day of practice.
· Attention 8th graders: JMU is offering a Job Shadow Day for 25 of our 8th grade students on Thursday, October 29, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. It is a great opportunity for students to shadow JMU employees in their chosen career field and engage in hands-on career exploration. Lunch will be provided at JMU, and students will return in plenty of time to ride the bus home or be picked up after school. Registration forms are available from Mrs. Weston. The 25 students chosen will be those who return the signed form back the soonest, who are on good school standing, and are doing well enough in classes to miss school for the day. Don’t delay if you want to be selected!
· All technology students are invited to the first meeting of the Technology Student Association. Students have to be enrolled in a technology class to participate. We will be competing against other schools in our area and state in over 30 competitions that are both individual and group events. The meeting will be held in Room 106, Mr.Blankenship’s technology class, today during. Contact Mr. Blankenship with any questions.
· Attention interested 7th grade boys basketball players: If you missed the informational meeting on Monday, please see Coach Shifflett as soon as possible. All Parent/Student signature forms must be turned in before tryouts.
· 6th Grade Lab Choir Singers: Remember that our next rehearsal is tomorrow, Thursday, during lab time in the auditorium. Make sure that your lab teacher knows you will be attending. Missed last week? No problem! We will start this week on music for the holiday concert which will be in December. Rehearsals will continue on ODD Wednesdays and Thursdays. See you there!
· 8th grade boys interested in JV soccer at SHS: There will be training outside this Friday at MMS at 4:30. You will need to have an updated physical for participation which you can bring to Coach Atwell at training.
· Students in September STEM Lab should join Ms. Webb in Learning Cottage #1 after 4th block today. Please check in with Lab teachers first. There will be a new “Coding UNPLUGGED” challenge to conquer today!