· All rising 8th and 9th grade student athletes will have the opportunity to get their athletic physical on May 6 and 14 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for the 2015-16 school year and athletic seasons. Physicals will be conducted at Sentara RMH this year in the medical offices. If you wish to have a physical, please turn in the fee of $10 to the office at Spotswood. You may also see Ms. Woodrum to turn in money, pick up a VHSL physical form, and sign up for a time before May 6. Make checks payable to SHS.
· Mr. Bryant is extending the deadline for your ideas on ways to improve attendance at Montevideo until this Friday, April 24. Submit your most creative ideas with your name in the helping hands lockers, and Mr. Bryant will give the most creative idea a prize. Don’t forget, the grade level with the best attendance for the month of April will receive free ice cream at lunch one day. Thank you and good luck!
· Attention 8th Graders: You have an opportunity to take some high school credit classes during summer school which will be held at East Rockingham High School this year. P.E. 9 and Economics and Personal Finance, which are required high school classes, will be offered. If interested, please see Mrs. Weston in the counseling office for more information and registration forms.
· Congratulations goes to Miss Ainslee Fortner! She won Outstanding Interpretation of Theme from the Shenandoah District PTA for her musical composition titled “A Return to Peace.” The theme was “The World would be a better place if...” Good job Ainslee!
· All spring picture proofs were distributed to students the week of April 20 – 24. Students who would like to order pictures can give their envelope with payment to any teacher or bring the order directly to the office. The last day to place an order is May 6.