· All rising 8th and 9th grade student athletes will have the opportunity to get their athletic physical on May 6 and 14 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. for the 2015-16 school year and athletic seasons. Physicals will be conducted at Sentara RMH this year in the medical offices. If you wish to have a physical, please turn in the fee of $10 to the office at Spotswood. You may also see Ms. Woodrum to turn in money, pick up a VHSL physical form, and sign up for a time before May 6. Make checks payable to SHS.!
· All spring picture proofs were distributed to students the week of April 20 – 24. Students who would like to order pictures can give their envelope with payment to any teacher or bring the order directly to the office. The last day to place an order is May 6.
· Sentara RMH Medical Center will be offering a week-long camp this summer for all rising 7th – 9th graders who have an interest in science and/or health-related careers. Brochures and applications are located on the student table outside of the library. Only 15 students will be selected to participate, so if you are interested in being considered for this camp, you may want to pick these up as soon as possible.
· Dress up next week. Come on, let’s hear it. Next week is the week to show your MMS Spirit! Next week is the week before SOL tests kick off a month of testing at MMS. To get your spirit up and your brain in high gear, the MMS PTSA is sponsoring an SOL Spirit Week? Next Monday is Crazy Hair Day, Tuesday is Twin Day, Wednesday is Nerd Day, and Thursday is Pajama Day! To wrap up the week, pay just $1 and wear a hat on Friday!
· Montevideo sponsored a hole at last week’s REFI Golf Tournament. To raise money, we are doing a Pie in the Face contest like we did last year. Ms. Anstey and Ms. Beth Webb have graciously volunteered to be our targets. During lunch for the next week, we will be collecting money/change for the person that you want to get pied in the face. The one with the most money wins! So let’s bring in your money and see who will get the pie!
· Any 8th grader who is interested in seeing what the Spotswood High School Color Guard is all about or is interested in trying out, please come to the informational meeting on Monday, May 4, at 2:30 in the MMS Band Room.