· Attention 7th and 8th graders: The annual Spring Non-Jeans Dance for 7th and 8th graders will be Saturday, May 30, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. It will be a disco theme with our own Mr. May as the d-jay. Tickets will be $10 per student sold at the door that night. The ticket price will include your food for the evening. Only MMS students are allowed to attend the dance – no outside visitors. Get dressed up and join your friends for some Saturday Night Fever!
· Note from the MMS Nurse: Parents/Guardians – please be sure to pick up your child’s medication (prescriptions, epi pens, inhalers, daily medications or any over-the-counter medications- Advil, Tylenol, cough drops, etc.) before the end of the school year (no later than 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, 2015). If you have questions and/or concerns, please feel free to call me at 289-3401 or e-mail me at email@example.com. All medications left in the nurse’s office will be discarded. None will be held over the summer. Remember students ARE NOT allowed to carry any medication on their person per Rockingham County School Board policy. Have a great summer!
· Attention 8th Graders: The MMS PTSA would like to honor you by providing an outdoor luncheon on Friday of this week. They will provide a slice of pizza, chips, and snow cones as a special treat! Good luck next year as you being a new adventure at Spotswood High!
· Field Day 2015 is this coming Friday! It will be a little different this year in that you will rotate through stations with your grade, and you will also have the chance to compete for your grade level! Get a team of 7 fellow classmates in your grade together and get a sign-up sheet from your lab teacher! Sign-up sheets for Field Day teams are also outside of the library. Please return them to your lab teacher or Miss Morris. You will compete in several wacky relay races and a tug of war to win Field Day Champs! Feel free to dress up as a team and show your team spirit.
· Mrs. Iwanicki will be staying after Thursday this week until 5:00 p.m. for any students who need to complete their glazing. Please make sure rides are here by 5:00 and no later! Any students who would like to make up art work are welcome to come during Lab. Come earlier in the day to get a pass. Also, students who have permission slips signed and filled out for work to be hung at Central Office, please get them to Mrs. Iwanicki as soon as possible!
· Attention rising 8th and 9th graders: If you are interested in trying out for golf at Spotswood next year, there is a signup sheet on the front counter in the office.
· All 7th grade Peak at the Bay students going on the canoe trip, please meet on the East Porch (outside the main office) at 8:30 on Thursday morning.